What is a pig's scariest movie?
Hamityville Horror


Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Giraffe, A Bird, and A Nun!!

Hi! Jane here to tell you a little bit about the two CAS cards I made for this week's ongoing Hoedown Challenge

First, this card is made using BIG GIRAFFE rubber stamp and the BIRD EGG digi image. You might ask..."If it is called bird egg, where is the egg part of the image?" Well, the bird is sitting on top of the egg so I cut that part off and stuck the little fella on top of the giraffe. 

I stamped the giraffe image onto the blue cardstock first, then stamped him again cutting off his mane, colored him in then stuck him over the first stamped image. I know I am the cutting out Queen, LOL, but there are limits!! That way I didn't have to cut round his mane..or whatever it is actually called!

My second card is using the cheeky NUN digital image. This week's SCS Try A New Technique Challenge was all about revisiting paper piecing. Well, I'm all for that!! I am not the best at coloring so I welcomed this challenge. The added option was to use washi tape. 

As I was looking through my Hambo Digi Images I stopped at this cheeky NUN. I can remember using her before and being daunted by the huge area of her habit to color, so my mind was made up. Then I thought....mmmmm why not a flowered habit!!! And so that is where the idea of the "Nun-Conformist" sentiment came from. Yep, I can definitely get used to paper piecing....it's a doddle!

Hope you can play along in this week's CAS challenge! You have right up to Monday, and the winner will be announced Wednesday along with a new Hoedown Challenge!

 ~Jane

1 comment:

Juliana said...

Such cute CAS cards!! I LOVE your coloring!! LOVE IT!!!